For the foreseeable future, all branches will be closed but a core team will be working remotely Monday - Friday 9.30am - 5.30pm to keep core business activities going. Only emergency maintenance will be handled over the weekends.
Here at Fanny street we know that Christmas is a great time for drinking too much and eating too much, which is why it is our favourite time; and we want to share with you our favourite things to do in our favourite city, during our favourite time of the year.
- Winter Wonderland - based outside the Cardiff City Hall this is an annual event with a fairground and an ice rink. For £7.50 students and £9 for everyone else this is a great way to get into the Christmas spirit. Also it is open until the 5th January. So for the really savvy amongst you it will be really quiet then and probably more fun! This is a great place to go with housemates before you all go your separate ways for the Christmas break or even take a date!
- Cardiff Castle - With;
- Santa’s Grotto
- Christmas Wreath-Making
- Victorian Christmas Tours
- The Castle after Dark -
- National Theatre Wales’ Christmas show
- Christmas Welsh Banquets
The Castle has everything you could want from a traditional Welsh Christmas! The prices aren’t even out of the price range for students! [As long as you haven't blown all of your money on great novelty gifts a which are also the height of tacky!!
- Lights!! - Even the biggest Scrooge can’t dislike lights! They help us see and when they are in a festive shape they are clearly more fun and much more useful for lighting the way home!!
- Wellfield Road Festival - If you don’t know where Wellfield Road is then take a quick peek at a map and toddle on down to this fun little event. Held on the 16th November the lights down the road will be getting turned on and there will be lots of great activities going on.
- Cardiff Bay Christmas - between the 6th and the 8th there is loads going on down at Cardiff bay. There is a Christmas market which is a great place to get gifts for those hard to buy for people. On the 8th there is a Santa and an Elf dash. This is where a large amount of people who think it is fun to run[!] dress up as either Santa or an Elf and run 5km in order to raise money for charity. Then at the end of the weekend there is a fireworks display over the water.
HAVEN'T FOUND WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR?